Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fuel Pump Change

Recently I changed my fuel pump and I ran into some issues. I noticed that my fuel pump had a return line on it that attached to the return line to the tank. The pump also had a inlet from the fuel tank and the outlet to the carb. When I went to purchase a fuel pump for a 1969 Camaro they did not have a return line. I was really stumped, why would the tank have a return line and none of the new pumps for sale contained a return line. Well I did some research and found out that originally the 1969 camaro SS with the rodchester carb had a return line to the tank. However, the car original had a two piece fuel line to the carb with a fuel filter canister in the middle. The canister is what had the return attachment which a rubber hose attached to and went to the return line to the gas tank. Come to find out that canister costs $50. No way I was going to purchase that setup. I was on a mission to find a fuel pump with a return line. I did some research and the pump with the return is from a 79' chevy pickup. Best Test Fuel Pump #B41216 So I purchased that and was back in business! So if you run into that problem you know what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment